A Professional facial is designed not just to help you relax, but to help improve your skin so, “Facials are customized treatments for the face, neck and that can help prevent and treat common problems.
Having a smooth, glowing complexion is only part of the allure; facials can also:
1-Boost collagen production
2-Remove dead skin cells
3-Improve the appearance of fine lines and blemishes
4-Clear your pores
5-Moisturize and hydrate
Usually, the results of the facial will last for about four to six weeks for most skin types. because the Professional facial treatment you use will influence how long your results last, as well as the steps you take after your treatment to take care of your skin.
People get facials for different reasons. A facial is essentially a multi-step skin treatment that is one of the best ways to nourish and pamper your skin. A facial is the second most popular spa treatment after a massage. Haven’t had one yet? You should totally treat yourself this new year! Here are the basic steps to a facial:
1. Consultation- A facial should begin with a consultation. You may fill out a form with questions about the drugs and supplements you take, skin concerns, your diet, how much water you drink, and products you are currently using.
2. Cleansing- Usually the best esthetician starts by wrapping your hair to keep product off of it. The first step is thorough cleansing using cotton pads.
3. Skin Analysis- Depending on whether you have make-up on, the esthetician might look at your skin under a bright lamp first, or covers your eyes and looks at your skin through a brightly lit magnifying lamp.
4. Steam- The best facials use a machine that directs a thin vapor of warm steam to your face becauseThis is relaxing and helps softens up any blackheads and whiteheads to be extracted. If you have very sensitive skin, the esthetician may not use steam. The sweat it produces will clear your pores.
5. Exfoliation- using a mechanical or chemical exfoliant. Mechanical exfoliants have a gritty texture that rubs away the surface dead skin cells. This type of exfoliation usually happens during the steam treatment step. A gentle enzyme treatment can be done during the steam.
6. Extraction- This is the removal of blackheads or whiteheads but People have different pain tolerance for extractions. To receive the best result of your facial, you may want to tough through the discomfort.
7. Facial massage- This in my opinion is the best part of any facial, using classic strokes like effleurage to both relax you and stimulate your skin and facial muscles.
8. Facial Mask- is targeted to your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive, mature) and condition. During the facial, the esthetician will likely stay in the room and give you a scalp massage or some other service.
9. Final application of toner, serums, moisturizer, and sunscreen.